Skip to main content

Hillsborough County Public Transportation hearing on Lyft & Uber

Victor Crist the county commisioner and head of HCPTC
I got a call from Rob Searcy yesterday. He wanted me to attend the Hillsborough County board hearing about letting ride-sharing companies such as Lyft and Uber coming into the area. They are already here. What I found amusing was that they were discussing the issue at all. let me explain.
Rob Searcy defending our position
I got my hair cut yesterday and could not help but notice the number of permits and licenses the barber had on his mirror. I guess that goes for any business. Could I set up a booze cart in front of a bar and sell liquor for half the bars price without a license? NO! There is no business in which you can do that. So, why is Hillsborough county even considering such a thing as illegal taxi services. All businesses have regulations based on the local, state, and federal laws. There people, however, think they are above the law. You could sense their arrogance. What I hear is that Victor Crist is leaving them with no out. At some point, he will order them out of our county.

The insurance agents testimony about Uber having only a "surplus lines carrier" was damning. James River Insurance is Uber's carrier and they are not recognized by Florida as a primary carrier. UBER THEN HAS NO INSURANCE IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. Are you seeing now why important industries need to be regulated for the public safety.
Lyft drivers at the meeting
Lyft drivers showed up in mass wearing pink shirts and pink mustaches. They seemed to be organized. My only question was why were they no being arrested? They were sent a "cease and desist" order months ago. They are now in non-compliance with that.  Since they were more then willing to step up to the microphone and admit too illegal activities, the bailiffs should have put them in handcuffs. I am legal and must pay a high sum for licensing. I really don't get it.
I'm in the front row in the yellow shirt holding the camera on the tv monitor
One by one taxi drivers and owners went to the podium and talked about how they comply with the law, and get all needed permits. One lady representing Uber, could only talk about the ease of their service. It was pointed out to this bitch that Uber does not even have the needed insurance to operate in the state of Florida. Again, why are these people not in jail. That was the proposition I insisted on when I spoke and I could hear the Lyft drivers booing in the background. My position was:
  1. We will be a society of laws
  2. Lfyt and Uber do not comply with those laws
  3. They should not be allowed to comply because they have already received a cease and diciest order
  4. The framework in which they operate makes them a limo service
  5. As limos they cannot charge taxi rates.
  6. They have no license.
  7. Like ISIS, they should be destroyed. Do not negotiate with them.
They did not like me one bit. Several of them commented so at the mic.
Uber bitch trying to justify her companies illegal operations in Florida (notice the Lyft drivers behind her.
After an hour of this, we were done. We went outside as the meeting continued. We met up with an ABC Action News truck and they agreed with us. The black camera man said there was no way those punk Lyft drivers work the hood.

With the news reporter outside.
I was glad to see that Lyft and Uber Bitch were getting nowhere with the commission. I seems anyone with a rational mind can figure this out. Afterward, I got a call from big Micky. He was watching on TV at home. He seems to like this kind of stuff.




Look at all the strange Lyft drivers sitting on my row on the second floor of the county building. They were wearing pink stashes.



How did I let the enemy get that close to me?
posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

  1. hey Tim, you misspelled word "Lyft" in the title , it says Lfyt
    otherwise, it's a great post and great pictures
    I think, you should write some more to discourage future Lyft and Uber drivers from making "$70,000 a year or $35 / hr" BS





    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts Last 30 days

FUCK UBER

Listen, you Uber fuckers, you screwheads. You are stealing my shit. I tried to be rational (What's that?). But not now. I am a man who will not take it anymore. A man who stands up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. I am a man who stands up. Look at it this way. A man takes a job, you know? And that job - I mean, like that - That becomes what he is. You know, like - You do a thing and that's what you are. Like I've been a cabbie for nineteen years. Ten years at night. I still don't own my own cab. You know why? Because I don't want to. That must be what I want. To be on the night shift drivin' somebody else's cab. You understand? I mean, you become - You get a job, you become the job. One guy lives in a shit hole, another lives on drugs. You pick up a lawyer. Another guy's a doctor. Another guy dies. Another guy gets well. People are born, y'know? Why do you want to drive Uber? You think you can avoid your destiny? You'l...

The Taxi Truman Show

I may have found the escape hatch Regulated Taxi driving is now dead. Uber has taken over. The current situation is no longer tenable for drivers who face an old model of cab leasing, and can no longer continue paying a Pre-Uber lease. Today was the tipping point. This time of year we should be very busy...EXTREMLY BUSY. We are not. It is dead as a doornail with drivers at the airport waiting up to 5 hours to a ride. It should be off the hook. It is for Uber. They pay no fee to the airport, yet they are allowed to operate. I made a good living for years. Transportation was regulated in Hillsborough County. This insured uniformity or rates, insurance, and accountability. But no more. The HCPTC has now allowed a gypsy cab company take over. Uber has not only taken some or part of our business - they have taken it all. This is because they are low balling the market in an attempt to establish a monopoly. They are well on their way to doing that with the compl...

Sleeping with the enemy

I sort of stick out in this sea of pink I always seem to get on TV. This is Tim Fasano (in the yellow shirt with camera) sitting in the room full of Lyft and Uber drivers. Did you ever feel really alone? These rideshare people are operating an illegal business that is cutting into my livelyhood, and I wanted the Hillsborough County Commission to know it. The Lyft drivers are a bunch of punks and  kids who have never worked a day in their lives. They will get whats coming to them. How do you spell douchebags? You will see me in the video shown on the local news.

How Uber is hurting workers

Robert Reich is an economist who worked in Bill Clinton's cabinet. His problem with Uber and the "shared economy" is no sharing is going on. The worker absorbs all cost and risk, for less than minimum wage.

The Party Cab

I've seen this guy at Tampa airport before. He is the Party Cab Guy. The inside even has a disco light and he plays club music as he takes people out to party. Paul Hinton, manager at United Cab, said he remembers the guy from St. Petersburg. The Party Cab dude is personable and the chicks dig him. Paul thinks he is from Turkey and has a beautiful wife. I noticed he was wearing eye liner. Just another eclectic guy that drives taxi for a living. I saw him again today and he gave me his card. Thus dude is high energy and he puts a lot into it. It shows real ambition. Strange. Taxi driving is not an ambitious man's pursuit. However, I think he is independent which means he pays no high lease to the taxi overlords.  He is expending that energy in something that will really pay off. Good for him.

Key West Uber drivers face arrest

Uber faces another battle for its drivers in South Florida. Uber drivers in Key West will face arrest and a possible $500 fine if caught driving without a passenger vehicle-for-hire license, following a city ordinance that went into effect on July 1. The ordinance, which city commissioners approved last year, says it is illegal for Uber or any other ride service to operate passenger vehicles-for-hire without the proper licenses. Key West spokeswoman Alyson Crean said drivers without this license can be arrested, although no arrests have been made. Crean says the ordinance has to do with city liability, since Uber takes passengers on city roads. Uber uses freelance drivers operating their own vehicles; passengers hire them via an app. Uber spokesman Bill Gibbons says the company hopes Key West officials rethink the ordinance. "It is unconscionable that [Key West] would seek to limit safe, reliable transportation ahead of one of the deadliest weekends of the year for dru...

I voted

I voted for Rick Scott for Florida Governor. I felt he has done a responsible job. The state actually has a financial surplus because Scott cut all the pork out. We are not California which is insolvent after all the giveaway programs to poor Obama voters. Scott has kept regulations and taxes low creation a favorable business climate where firms are beginning to view Florida like Texas. Florida is poised for a massive boom. This is now going to be the place to be. I voted against the medical marijuana bill, as I did all constitutional amendments. The bills were vaguely worded and I believe deception was used to disguise their true intent. posted from Bloggeroid

Its not season

I don't care what any driver says, we ARE NOT having a tourist season. Cruise ship passengers on the weekend does not make a season. Its Monday morning and no airport flights are going out, just like all last week. I am not making money. I am on the brink of eviction. I owe the company money. I am wearing dirty clothes because I don't have the 5 bucks for Landry. I have nothing and I work 7 days a week, 10 hours a day. Something is wrong.

National Taxi strike called for October 26, 2014 against Uber & Lyft

Following the crowd is the opposite of the Uber Man...They want your mind...don't let them have it! There is more at stake then a ride to work. The battle for man's mind has begun. The Internet has made many things possible and reacting with incomplete information has had a debilitating effect on peoples behaviour and mental acuity. The ability to assess facts accurately has been diminished. When wide swaths of hipsters chose to use a ride share company because it has a slick app, without considering the consequences to society, then harm is being done. Ignoring that modern society is structured by law - they proceed anyway. This course must be redirected Back in the dark ages, villagers and townspeople would often react to a rumor and then take action swiftly to bring justice upon the presumed guilty party without waiting for the authorities to resolve it. The more emotionally attached people were to the crime, the less real or confirmed information they needed to follow...

Crossfit Training

A slamball, a kettlebell, and a 20 lb dumbbell These are my new toys. In my quest to transform my body, I have incorporated many aspects of the Crossfit theory. They combine combat style cardio with weight training in a dynamic, athletic way. The training is functional. For example, I will be 60 next month. From what I hear, there are people a little older than me that can't even get out of bed in the morning (or don't want to get out of bed in there mommies house). That will not be my fate. The best part of all this, is you can take it outside and enjoy the fresh air. I bring my toys with me. You workout three days in a row, then take one off.