George and I found our way to Dames Caves. These are limestone caves formed by water over thousands of years. This photo is me coming out of the cave. I explained to George the conditions inside were too wet and I wanted to return when dry to get way back in the cathedral areas which requires crawling on your stomach thru passage ways. You will get hundreds if feet deep....then...cave-in....cool.
Kevin and I went to a walkthrough at a nature preserve. It was full of wildlife and we even found an abandoned hunting cabin from decades ago. That was there long before civilization found its way to north Hillsborough county. I'm glad we found the cabin because it began to rain like crazy. It rained for a good half hour before we could finish the hike. We then went as far as we could but much of the trails were flooded. You see I have boots on. When we got back to the cars, there was standing water for we were in the grass. I started the cab and buried it in the mud. You should have been there. You would have laughed your ass off. After waiting 2.5 hours for the tow, he winched me on to the parking lot and charged $100. I found out the charge should have been $45. I think the company will dispute this. I hope. posted from Bloggeroid
Comments
Post a Comment