I've seen this guy at Tampa airport before. He is the Party Cab Guy. The inside even has a disco light and he plays club music as he takes people out to party. Paul Hinton, manager at United Cab, said he remembers the guy from St. Petersburg. The Party Cab dude is personable and the chicks dig him. Paul thinks he is from Turkey and has a beautiful wife. I noticed he was wearing eye liner. Just another eclectic guy that drives taxi for a living. I saw him again today and he gave me his card. Thus dude is high energy and he puts a lot into it. It shows real ambition. Strange. Taxi driving is not an ambitious man's pursuit. However, I think he is independent which means he pays no high lease to the taxi overlords. He is expending that energy in something that will really pay off. Good for him.
I am a 24 year former cab driver from Tampa Florida. Retired and looking forward to the future.
Express Taxi is a division of Super Shuttle in Pinellas County
ReplyDeleteNow, Super Shuttle also owns Yellow Cab of Pinellas
as there is no regulation how many cabs can be cruising Pinellas and with minimum wage at its lowest in decades, everybody thinks, that starting own cab company is the way out of poor house, including me..
Adding to all the mayhem and despair, we have Uber and Lyft drivers operating at "$35-40 / hr or 100K a year" !!!! at half a price ????!!! .......and uber getting new suckers every day from craigslist
I think, someone should start to post some videos on craigslist to educate people about UberBS,
also some regulators should knock craigslist door and tell them, that they are supporting major mail fraud being conducted by uber
I heard, cab drivers in Tampa are being asked to join the union....?
ReplyDeleteIs that truth ?
read more at:
http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/blog/morning-edition/2014/12/hillsborough-taxi-drivers-planto-uionize-with.html?page=all
Not much buzz as among drivers. First I heard was in the newspapers.
Delete